Aquesta Bank fosters an environment of teamwork, success and progressive thinking. We are always looking to add to our talented team. For employment inquiries, please email Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at a location convenient to you.
We are currently accepting resumes for the following positions
- Apr 17, 2017
SBA Development Officer - Remote position based in Greenville, SC
Full-Time position available at our Bank Branch Locations locationApply Now
This position will work with various self-sourced referral sources to prospect and develop SBA loan opportunities with a focus on SBA 7a.
This is a remote position based in Greenville, SC. The position will cover the footprint of the Bank. The incumbent will be provided a laptop, printer, scanner, and/or fax.
- Minimum Education/Certification: A college degree in business administration, finance, accounting, and/or related field is required. Additional industry-related training and/or coursework would serve as an advantage.
- Required Knowledge: A strong understanding of commercial banking practices with a focus on commercial credit analysis and SBA SOP.
- Required Experience: A minimum of 5 to 7 years in SBA lending, commercial lending, or a combination of both.
- Preferred Experience: A history of production in SBA loans is highly desired. Previous experience in a community banking atmosphere is a plus.
Excellent interpersonal, communication, customer service, marketing, and business development skills. Must be proactive, result-driven, and professional. Demonstrates full ownership and accountability. Must be a highly organized, detail oriented, analytical problem solver with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines. Willingness and ability to train and mentor direct reports and/or peers. Proficiency in job-related software and computer programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent may be required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb; balance; stoop; kneel; bend; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee may lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel, including overnight stays, may be required.
Learning, thinking, concentration, the ability to interact with others, the ability to exercise self-control, and the ability to work under stressful conditions, particularly in customer and employee relations’ situations are necessary. Must have the ability to make decisions and exercise discretion when necessary. Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize work.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Referral sources will be Business Brokers, Commercial Real Estate Brokers, Other Banks and CPA’s. Existing relationships in these areas is a plus.
- Initial analysis to determine fundamental viability/eligibility of the opportunity through the use of a supplied tool. Viable opportunities will be evaluated for probability of approval with SBA Management and Credit Administration.
- Work with Aquesta SBA in gathering required documentation for LSP submission
- Work with credit through submission and approval.
- Transition approved opportunities to closing.
- Interact with closing and funding as needed while transitioning to new opportunities.
- May serve on special project teams and additional assignments as business needs are identified.
- Stays current in knowledge of products, services, and training provided by the Bank.
- Participates in community activities and contributes to the growth of the community while enhancing the visibility of the Bank.
- Attends seminars, classes, and/or meetings to keep abreast of new products available for customers and acquire expertise in legislative changes, as opportunities occur.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with external stakeholders to enhance the Bank’s image and reputation in the marketplace.
- Achieves superior levels of compliance by adhering to regulatory laws and guidelines. Compliance with regulatory laws and company procedures is a required component of all position descriptions.
- Performs other duties as required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned herein. Specific activities may change from time to time.
Aquesta Bank supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.